Any affiliate links in this post will be clearly marked with a * and if you click a link and buy a product, then I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Well, you all know we are big rainbow fans here! So I was thrilled when we were kindly sent some Rainbow Blopens from John Adams to try. I wasn’t asked to write a blog review but we really loved this product so I wanted to share 🙂
Rainbow Blopens are super easy to use. The kit comes with 6 sheets of paper, 6 reusable stencils, 6 mini Blopens, 6 pen holders and one 3-in-1 sprayer. With the 3-in-1 sprayer, you can use three pens in one go to create amazing rainbow airbrush effects.
How To Use Rainbow Blopens
- Start by taking a stencil of your choice and carefully removing the pieces. I found they came out pretty easily but you can use a pencil to push them through if needed.
- Position the stencil over one of the plain sheets of paper.
- To use the 3-in-1 sprayer, first remove the mouthpiece. Then remove the lids of three of the mini Blopens and insert the pens into the sprayer. Make sure you click them down fully. Replace the mouthpiece.
- Place the tips of the pens a very short distance from the paper (it needs to be really quite close).
- Blow fairly hard while moving the sprayer in a sweeping motion across the page.
- To do single colours, just use the individual pen sprayers.
Warnings And Care Instructions
A few things to be careful of:
- We didn’t find the Blopens messy at all really, but it’s a good idea to put down a tablecloth or some newspaper just in case the spray misses the paper. Maybe get your little one to wear an apron (although we haven’t bothered!)
- The ink in Blopens is water-based and non-toxic. It can sometimes stain but any stains on skin can usually be removed by washing with soap and warm water a few times. For clothing, soak overnight in cold water then wash with warm water and soap. We haven’t had any issues with stains so far though.
- Take breaks between using the pens to avoid continuous blowing.
- Replace the pen lids firmly to prevent them drying out.
- Rinse the mouthpieces after use.
So What Did We Think?
The twiglets absolutely love their Rainbow Blopens. They’re so easy to use yet are so effective. I’ve been really impressed with the creations they’ve made using them.
I would definitely recommend Rainbow Blopens as a fun activity to do with little ones. They would also make a perfect gift for children of any age between 4 and 9 really.
Rainbow Blopens are available to purchase on Amazon:
* Affiliate link
I hope you enjoyed this review 🙂 Thanks so much for reading!
Til next time,
PS We were kindly gifted this product but I was under no obligation to write a review – just wanted to share. All opinions honest as always! 🙂